I have no words. I feel we have let you down. You have given my family a new home, a new country. On my mom’s side, my grandmother was the first one born on your soil. Your land offered a new opportunity to our family.
I love you America. Pure and simple. You have given me never-ending opportunities and challenges. You have provided me with hope and inspiration. It was always up to me to decide how I’d use your gifts. Thats’s your gift of freedom. Not all of us want to trash your beautiful land. We don’t all want to disgrace the dreams you offered us on Ellis Island. I want to do you proud. I want to repay you and give you hope in our future as a nation. I think the last 48 hours have taught us all you need more of our help to advance this great nation. To renew some hope and faith. You can count on us to refurbish your great land.
To be grateful for the opportunities you’ve offered me, America, I want to show my gratitude in action. It’s all good to SAY we are grateful. Words.are.cheap.
- I am grateful for my education, all of it: so I paid off my student loans. I did not default on your generosity.
- I am proud of my freedom of religion: so I stay true to Judaism. I will NEVER stray.EVER.
- I am grateful I succeeded and found my professional niche and love what I do: so I go to work and I practice the work ethic my parents instilled in me.
- I am grateful for my good wages: so I pay my taxes.
- i am grateful I have the choice of automobiles, new and leased: so I bring it in routinely for maintenance and oil changes; I keep it nice and clean.
- I am grateful for health insurance: so I work hard to improve my health, mental and physical.
- I am grateful for good parents: so I chose to mentor and showed my path, my zeal for education, work ethic, and opportunity to another.
The list goes on, America. I hope you remain patient with us. It may take 4 years. Or 8.
me, your faithful follower